- Performs and/or coordinates planned and demand maintenance activities on site HVAC system, utilities, manufacturing equipment, cleanrooms and office environments.
- Operation and maintenance of pharmaceutical grade water systems (Purified, WFI and AWFI) and compressed air systems.
- Maintains site equipment list as well as calibration and maintenance schedules.
- Oversees site BMS / EMS system.
- Ownership of site work order system.
- Diagnose issues with processing equipment (e.g., Autoclaves, Washers, Bio-reactors).
- Recognizes priorities and acts, makes productive use of time.
- Ability to respond to issues after hours and during weekends.
- Ability to gowning qualify for work in Grade D and C Cleanrooms.
- Team player that can operate with other site functions.
- Seeks opportunities to implement a culture of continuous process improvement as related to equipment, processes and systems at the site.
- General maintenance activities including painting, wall patching, installation of fixtures in both production and office spaces.
- Other duties that may reasonably be assigned by management/supervision.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Environment: Exposure to a variety of internal and external working conditions (e.g., heat, cold, rain, wind, humidity, and snow in addition to extreme heat from non weather-related temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than an hour (Boiler Room). Exposure to electrical hazards, moving mechanical parts, heights (e.g., ladders, scaffolds, and roof tops), confined spaces, chemicals, gas, harsh substances (e.g., acids, corrosives), hazardous waste, dust, and other airborne particulates.
- Physical: Heavy Work - Needs to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requirements also include full range of motion for activities such as climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, etc.
- Equipment Used:
- Office Equipment
- Laboratory and/or related equipment (e.g., instrumentation, fume hoods, incubators, freezers, calibrators)
- Hand Tools (e.g., hammer, screwdriver, wrench)
- Power Tools (e.g., drill, saw)
- Vehicles (e.g., fork lift, scissor lift, company vehicle)
- Skilled Trade Equipment and Tools – Associated with HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, etc.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. Vision must be sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents as well as to operate motor vehicles, machines, and heavy equipment.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.