The purpose of the Senior Category Manager role is to:
1) Develop category strategies for the assigned categories.
2) Plan and execute the sourcing process for all relevant central activities.
3) Execute and adhere to Corporate Sourcing strategy, policy, systems, and processes.
The Senior Manager, Clinical and R&D Procurement will actively support the development and implementation of strategies for the Immunomedics clinical services sourcing categories. In doing so, the Sr. Manager, Clinical and R&D Procurement works closely with Immunomedics Global Brands (including Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, and the Chief Medical Officer organizations), Finance, and Global Procurement teams to ensure these strategies and their related implementation plans are managed proactively and through cross-functional teams. In this role he/she will be part of a team dedicated to developing and deploying category strategies for a range of clinical/pre-clinical services
• Actively contribute to the development and implementation of sourcing strategies for clinical services. Lead and support the supplier selection process, including the selection of transactional and preferred vendors, for designated studies, programs and/or services.
• Proactively support clinical services category assessment teams to ensure that all potential opportunities for operational, quality, and financial synergies are identified, tracked, and implemented.
• Develop and foster relationships with preferred/alliance suppliers to ensure clear communication, create an environment of partnership, and agreed-to contractually committed levels of service, quality, delivery, and cost.
• This role will engage closely with Clinical Trial Management and Finance to align on specifications, requirements, and budget/valuation of clinical trials.
• Proactively work with business partners to identify sourcing and contracting requirements in advance of supplier communications to ensure clear specifications, requirements, and alignment across the Immunomedics team prior to initiating requests or agreements with suppliers.
• Periodically review and update the specifications documents to ensure that the changes to study requirements are being monitored and captured for clinical services.
• Follow a high-quality, consistent, expeditious and effective process to ensure that the proper sources of supply are evaluated and selected to support the business need.
o Prepare, finalize, and distribute requests for proposal to suppliers with a team of internal Immunomedics stakeholders.
o Manage the receipt and internal distribution of supplier responses and, as appropriate, review proposals, conduct bid evaluation analyses, coordinate bid defenses with the supplier and Immunomedics teams, compile selection criteria/requirements, and facilitate decision-making process to ensure objectivity and adherence to selection criteria while meeting the team’s timelines. Provide ad hoc sourcing and analytical support for the Head of Procurement.
• Negotiate master service agreements, confidentiality, service standards, and other supplier agreements and with the support of Immunomedics functional and legal teams to ensure high quality, provide clarity, obtain competitive costs, document timelines, and mitigate risk.
• Ensure that the negotiations meet the cost savings and synergy targets. Interact with the Legal, Finance, and other departments, as needed, to ensure cross departmental alignment with respect to processes and policies for contract development, approval, execution, and management.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Business, Finance, and/or Chemistry.
• Graduate degree a plus.
• Minimum of 4 - 6 years in biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry or equivalent experience in procurement.
• Minimum of 3 years direct experience in a clinical outsourcing/contracts function.
• Ideally, with direct engagement with CROs and other clinical suppliers.
• Consulting experience a plus.
• Position requires excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation, negotiation, decision making/problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
• Expertise in the use of relevant e-sourcing, e-procurement, and spend management tools.
• Must have the ability to successfully adapt to diverse cultures, management levels and understand long term strategies and requirements and translate into supplier requirements for RFx’s.
• Experience with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) strongly preferred.