The purpose of the Senior Manager role is to:
1) Develop category strategies for the assigned categories.
2) Plan and execute the sourcing process for all relevant activities.
3) Execute and adhere to Corporate Procurement strategy, policy, systems, and processes.
The Senior Manager, Manufacturing/Technical Operations Procurement will work within multi-disciplinary team and assume responsibility for leading the development and execution of Supply Chain sourcing strategies to leverage relationships with suppliers, global affiliates and CMO partners to gain competitive advantage. This includes supplier relationship management, negotiation, risk management, supplier performance management. Strengthens and develops relationships with key partner organizations.
• Evaluate sourcing lifecycle process, including industry research, supplier evaluation, RFP development, issuance, proposal evaluation, contract or purchase negotiations and contract or purchase order award.
• Assess current state situation related to API spend, make API sourcing recommendations and identify and initiate spend optimization projects with business partners.
• Leads and directs the global supply market evaluation process by utilizing all available market intelligence, risk, compliance, and financial assessment tools
• Achieve cost reductions/avoidance by applying strategic sourcing principles including spend consolidation, improved supplier election, alternate sourcing and negotiation.
• Support the review and approval of API and CMO agreements
• Improve Supplier Relationship Management capabilities that foster the development of strategic alliances, joint capability enhancement, shared risk and risk mitigation.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensure suppliers comply with all business standards, ethics policies and sustainability parameters.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Business, Finance, and/or Chemistry.
• Graduate degree a plus.
• 5-7 years of pharmaceutical supply chain sourcing role, technical operations, third-party manufacturing, procurement, supplier development and material management.
• Member of Institute of Supply Management or similar, preferred
• Very strong leadership, communication and influencing capabilities
• Must have advanced analytical and presentation skills
• Experience in 3rd party (external manufacturing) operations and relationship management
• Knowledge of best practices within Supply Chain & Sourcing
• Experience with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) strongly preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
• Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidance.
• Strong analytical and financial skills.
• Working knowledge with sourcing contracting tools, ERPs, and eRFx systems preferred. (Oracle, Zycus, GEP, Ariba, etc.)