The Senior Director of Medical Science Liaisons is a highly visible role, reporting to the Vice President of Medical Affiars, responsible for hiring, deploying and managing and a team of experienced U.S. Medical Science Liaisons in support for the commercial launch of Immu-132 and Immunomedics’ clinical pipeline. This position is responsible for cultivating, implementing and managing the scientific expertise of the Company's portfolio. The ideal candidate will have leading interactions with both internal (Immunomedics) and external stakeholders (key institutions, KOLs). S/he will be responsible for the proper communication between MSLs and other field-based functions and Headquarter-based associates, overseeing the team's budget, executing the company's business objectives, maintaining strict compliance, and being a trusted medical resource, internally.
• Oversee the hiring, training, deployment, and management of 15-20 U.S. Medical Science Liaisons.
• Lead the development and execution of Medical Affairs Field-based Strategies.
• Identify global oncology thought leaders, build and maintain advocacy with these individuals via MSL interactions and function as the companies primary point of contact for field-based initiatives.
• Participate in the review, approval, and execution of investigator-initiated studies
• Mentor the MSL Team for optimal performance and alignment with company goals
• Oversee the MSL Budget, approve monthly reports and provide weekly/monthly performance metrics to Senior Leadership
• Oversee the development of, and participation in advisory boards and medical education programs for U.S. and Ex-U.S. activities
• Create MSL policies and standard operating procedures aligned with “best practices” and regulatory requirements
• Oversee attendance and support for Scientific Congresses as well as staffing of Medical Booths
• Help develop and execute publication plans for investigator-sponsored studies
• Assist with clinical presentations to Ministries of Health, Congresses, and Payers
• Adherence to the Immunomedics Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Team Management Requirements:
• Lead, manage, mentor and provide continuous strategic and tactical vision, guidance and training to a group of highly credentialed and qualified medical professionals throughout the United States
• Facilitate scientific development of marketed and pipeline compounds at research centers and secure our presence in the related therapeutic area.
• Contributor in a cross-functional setting in close alignment with the Company's Medical Affairs and Clinical groups.
• Contribute to the process for setting the vision and developing the MSL’s business plan covering policies and operating procedures and expectations for the group.
• Other Duties as assigned.